First day back to work/Evening Walk

It was my first day back at work today after a month off over the summer, where has that time gone! Can’t quite believe it really but it will be nice to get back into routine again and really get stuck into the job. I got in today and went to Reception to pass them a letter to send over to HR and then I asked her to ring over to maintenance so they could come and let me into my office which they dutifully did bless them. I had some paperwork left on my desk so I had a look at those whilst trying to figure out how to use the magnifier which I got the hang of pretty quickly thank goodness. I took Peter out around 11:30 for a busy, busy but kind of forgot I would be locked out again so had to go to reception to ask her to ring through to maintenance for me and bless her she came again to open the door for me which I thanked her for. Got on with some more work before having lunch at 1pm, tried to keep the door on the latch so I could get back in but unfortunately when I went back it was locked again so I had to ask for help again and this time the lady sorted it for me and took it fully off the latch so I could go in and out even though I wouldn’t need to anymore so that was good but she told me to close it properly when I left which is safest thing to do and she said she would make a note to unlock it for me first thing in the morning so I thanked her and she said she would try and sort something out. Once I had finished what I could I tried to figure out my dragon software which isn’t complete yet as had a phone call before having to rush to get the bus.

Obviously I forgot something in the office but it will be fine because I will sort it tomorrow. We were walking along the drive of the college and passed a lady so we said hello as we bypassed and we sped ahead until Peter needed to do a big busy typically lol! Anyway nothing I could do, had to pick it up, this lady came up behind us and we walked along together chatting away about random things like what we did at the college etc so that was nice talking to her, we got on the bus, got off and walked the long, dreaded uphill climb home as well as it being hot, boy was I glad to be home! I think Peter was too.

I had my tea which consisted of Marble Cake (Swartz Weiss) and a glass of refreshing cold milk before my brother needed some fresh air, he told me to take some water but I thought we weren’t going to be so long but boy was I wrong! We went to Mutters Moor and went through the woods and along the cliff path to a viewpoint which overlooks Sidmouth, walked back, climbed a massive hill which was real struggle and the heat was still so hot, I was thirsty, tired and in pain and it seemed like a never ending hill, we then got back to the car to then go onto Budleigh Salterton and walk along the river otter towards the sea, had a bit of time walking along the beach before heading back home again. Shattered isn’t even the word to describe it! I’ve walked 15,090 steps, climbed 29 floors and done 6.32 miles!!! Hopefully I will sleep well tonight. Been planning my Southampton weekend with some lovely ladies so I am looking forward to our little adventure. Peter is out like a light and I am off to bed.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s